Laima is a mixed media artist and community workshop facilitator from Latvia. Not bound to one format she creates one-off kinetic automatons, site specific installations as well as functional tableware. A recurrent theme in her work is the interconnectedness of all things, especially when considering the human relationship to nature.
Further images of her work can be seen: http://www.laimagrigone.com
Laima believes that creativity is an essential part of human nature that has been fundamental in the cultural evolution. This motivates her to support creative activities amongst children- young and old. As well as leading creative workshops with the Salt Fox Collective she works for the Falmouth University Outreach team.
– Sculpture Project in Gyllyngdune Gardens: Year 10
– Card Puppet Theatre
– Body sculpture: Year 1
– Willow Building giant Octopus: Year 1 – 5
– Boot-Up Forest School Project (photography,mallet making,wheelbarrow making) : Year 8-10
– Drawing: GSCE
– Drawing and collage with Lucy Birbeck: Year 2-6
– Art&Design Saturday Clubs with Sorrell Foundation: 14-16 olds (ongoing)
– Art Squad Drawing Workshops (14-16 olds) (ongoing)